Page 1 of 1

Antenna/mount for a Length 1.89m antenna

Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:02 am
by Guyver
Hi to here, I recently got a

Sigma Red Devil
1/4 wave base loaded mobile antenna
Power Handling 500 watts
Length 1.89m
Coil length 460mm
Coil diameter 22 mm
Impedance 50 Ohms
Frequency 26-28 Mhz (full 80 channel coverage)
SWR 1:1.5
Fitting 3/8 UNF
Whip: 17/7 ph Stainless Steel

The issue I have is the mount, I have a mag mount Thunderpole Mag Mount | 5" Large CB that was given to me a while back, but i just saw that it says Note: Mag Mount is not suitable for antennas longer than 160cm. so I was wanting to know what mount will work for this antenna, I do prefer a mag mount, also it's for a home not a car.

thank you.

Re: Antenna/mount for a Length 1.89m antenna

Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:43 pm
by Hair Bear
Hi,
The advice is for a mobile installation. If the ground plane you're sticking it to is stationary then the mag you have should be fine.