I was wondering how many monitor or use channel 9 and share your story if you have
I have monitor channel 9 any I was my truck.
I ony one one time heard a emergency on channel 9. It was in 1980 usi g WalkieTalky on surveying a construction site . It was 1980 a recurring at sea any is a skip from Gulf of Mexico about 4,500 miles away.
We did not send any since a HAM operator in mid west was helping the Coast Gurd was on the way. It 10yr found only one alive. CB radio was working and had to hook the antenna.
Dave
Channel 9 Emergency
- Smithdoor
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2026 2:40 am
- CB Handle: KDS93612
- Location: Clovis California
- Contact:
Cobra S19 FM and HH50WXST.
Antennas 50 inch and ½ wave
Moderator on
https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/
https://www.weldingweb.com/
Past work
https://web.archive.org/web/20010519134 ... angarDoor/
Antennas 50 inch and ½ wave
Moderator on
https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/
https://www.weldingweb.com/
Past work
https://web.archive.org/web/20010519134 ... angarDoor/
