Yaesu FT 780 R Antenna
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2026 3:12 pm
Hi,
I recently found a Yaesu FT 780 R clearing out a relatives house. It powers up and has a mic, but an antenna was no-where to be found. I have done a google and the prices of some antennas are expensive, and I'm not really sure what is what. As I am just getting back into the hobby and as money is quite tight, can anyone recommend a not so expensive antenna for my truck? Nothing long range? Something that will work in areas close to me to start with if it is cheaper?
Thanks,
Paul
I recently found a Yaesu FT 780 R clearing out a relatives house. It powers up and has a mic, but an antenna was no-where to be found. I have done a google and the prices of some antennas are expensive, and I'm not really sure what is what. As I am just getting back into the hobby and as money is quite tight, can anyone recommend a not so expensive antenna for my truck? Nothing long range? Something that will work in areas close to me to start with if it is cheaper?
Thanks,
Paul