Search found 17 matches

by mort
Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:39 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Choices for a 110 and Disco
Replies: 6
Views: 5013

not advertised in the shop though.. :?:
by mort
Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:19 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Choices for a 110 and Disco
Replies: 6
Views: 5013

Can I buy the whip separate to the spring base :?:

New plan on mine... 110 hopefully arriving (not quite in the post but as near as damn it :mrgreen: ) so going to stop buying stuff for the disco as the 110 will be my main run around eventually... 8)
by mort
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:04 pm
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Choices for a 110 and Disco
Replies: 6
Views: 5013

OK sorry wasn't to clear on that one... :oops:

My mates 110 already has a brand spanky new Beehive mount.... but he's lost the top of his Orbitor and needs another or something stronger.... :shock:

My Discovery is in need of a nice new mount and antennae... Want the strongest I can lay my hands ...
by mort
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:08 am
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

Which was the first thing my partner suggested... then I reminded her about the rather high elecky bill this quarter and pointed out that frying the thieves and possibly a clumsy postman might make it even worse :o :lol:

Need to do some Thunderpole online shopping for new Antenna's and suchlike ...
by mort
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:05 am
Forum: CB Antennas
Topic: Choices for a 110 and Disco
Replies: 6
Views: 5013

Choices for a 110 and Disco

Well I've got some online thunderpole shopping to do.... my mate lost the top of his twig as well so he needs another... :roll: and I need a good strong mount and probably another Orbitor...

So one new twig for a beehive mount on a defender 110 and my disco needs both...

Suggestions folks :?:
by mort
Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:15 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

I only await my gun license... :lol: ;) The police jokingly suggested something much the same :o :mrgreen:

Roof bars are a no no... I drive through a ford and under a VERY low bridge where I work otherwise I have to add 15 mins to my journey time... I was sending my last twig nearly horizontal ...
by mort
Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:00 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

Nice idea... but no roof bars I'm afraid... :wink:
by mort
Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: CB WORD ASSOCIATION GAME
Replies: 3488
Views: 808643

idiot :P
by mort
Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:36 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

Try re-fitting a gutter mount, and knocking small ball-bearings into the hexagonal bolts so they cannot undo them.

:idea: You mean the other type of gutter mount to the one I had... I've not seen one up close and personal but I guess they have Alan key bolts instead of set screws... :?:

dead ...
by mort
Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 am
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

So just how easy would the Sirio or Wilson be to remove from a gutter mount :?: :?:

But it still leaves me with a (very expensive if I have to keep replacing the darn things) gutter mount available to the light fingered... :?
by mort
Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:06 am
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

Cheers Sandman but I don't completely understand what you mean by 'knock small bearings in' :?: It might just be because I've not long got up mind... :P

Sounds like a plan and it probably won't surprise you (because its sods law I guess) that I have a quick release waiting for me in the local ...
by mort
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:55 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

I forgot to mention.... :oops:

I offroad/greenlane and the plan was to use the CB mainly for that reason... Hence a magmount will be pointless... Like the idea of a Wilson but I'd probably have to go with a Sirio or the like... Apparently from what I've read the Hi-Power Sirio range will stand up ...
by mort
Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:12 pm
Forum: Channel 19
Topic: Thieving Swine
Replies: 24
Views: 28383

Thieving Swine

On the way to work today (south brum from north brum where I live) and I couldn't get a signal full stop on the old Fidelity CB I'm testing for a friend... Not being to savvy with CB's as yet I decided it was down to the weather or the rig not working as well as the day before... I was a little late ...
by mort
Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:00 pm
Forum: 4x4 Owners
Topic: DISCO Owners
Replies: 14
Views: 36464

Well as a temporary measure I've got my rig jammed down between the drivers seat and the centre console.... :shock: But I have the same prob... I don't want it to be on permanent display but there is few decent (read non) locations for a normal sized unit...

So I'm with you on this one mate... :?
by mort
Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:51 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hi from North Brum
Replies: 13
Views: 6366

Cheers folks... :D I'll take that walk before I can run comment seriously.... ;)