Hi from North Brum

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
mort
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 am

Hi folks... just wanted to say a quick hello (stop reading here for the quick version ;) ) and ask that if your in the know then please read the following...

I know nothing to little as to what I'm getting into. I apologise for bugging the hell out of anyone stupid enough to help me.

With that little warning over and done with I'll quickly explain. My mate being a few years older than me used to use AM radio... The more hilarious and interesting stories plus the usefulness of CB Radio I heard about the more I wanted a go...

So now I have an old Mustang Radio hooked up to an Oribitor Base load on my Discovery... Its not set up very well as I'm new to this and my mate got me into it after having a Greenlane day spin with a CB in every motor... Its a bit quiet round me but I was hooked from day one...

So now I want more... :mrgreen:

I've gone round a friends and bought a load of old kit including a HAM International Jumbo and a couple of other 80's mobile CB's.... There's an ariel in the garden I'm welcome to collect if I can figure out how to get it down what with it being taller than the house whilst bolted to the garden shed :shock: SWR meter is missing though (apart from the one in the Jumbo of course) and God only knows what I'm going to do with the 6'+ old Firestick :lol:

Anyway... if folks have got any suggestions on how to get me going and what I should and shouldn't be doing then please... Feel free ;)

That's it... longer than anticipated quick hello over... :)
User avatar
greenfingers
Needs to get out more!!
Needs to get out more!!
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 7:23 am
CB Handle: GREENFINGERS
Location: Bournemouth/poole

:-Wave HI FROM ME :mrgreen:
26TM777 26W777
Image
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi and welcome do the same as the rest of us close the eyes utter ashort prayer and plunge in regardless ignore all advice and trust in god and you will get results eventually



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
Lamby
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi and welcome :lol:
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

hello and welcome sir
now sell me that jumbo cheap you dont need it :lol:
gaspipe58
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 276
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:53 pm
Location: South Devon

:-Wave

Good beer stops typing (again)
mort
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 am

Thanx for the warm welcome folks... ;)

fatfinger - I would sell you the Jumbo mate but then I'd have to buy another one :P Couple on ebay at the moment.... ;)

Really new at this stuff and will need fair bit of guidance hooking the stuff all up... :roll: Missus has banned me until the living room roof has been fixed (water leak) and apparently I've got to put all the kit away nice and tidy as she doesn't want to stare at it all day... :lol:

Ah well... will get it all together soon I hope... Will take some pix and (this is really me saying I'm new and useless at this) folks can feel free to tell me how to get it all linked together... :shock:

Do thunderpole sell a power cable for an old York CB by the way :?:
zebra3
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: adelaide south australia
Contact:

fatfinger wrote:hello and welcome sir
now sell me that jumbo cheap you dont need it :lol:

lol hi there mate from adelaide south australia...and fat finger lol you triper lol """hi welcome abord now put your hands in the air and give me your stuff"" lol well thats nice ...hes all fun!!! lol your be all right !!!
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

Hi welcome to the mad house :lol: :lol:

You dont need that jumbo Ive never had the pleasure to use one but know a few people that have and id love to own one I'll buy it off for £25 :lol: :lol: :lol:

a bit mor serious though mate dont try and run before you can walk just take your time and think about things. And any problems or your not sure just ask on here there will always be someone to help you give good advice :lol:
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
mort
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:48 am

Cheers folks... :D I'll take that walk before I can run comment seriously.... ;)
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

yup you will get the power cable from colin no problem


:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

Its the best advice I can give at the moment............oh and your number1 priority should be safety but you know that already :lol:
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

EarthWormJim wrote:Hi welcome to the mad house :lol: :lol:

You dont need that jumbo Ive never had the pleasure to use one but know a few people that have and id love to own one I'll buy it off for £25 :lol: :lol: :lol:

a bit mor serious though mate dont try and run before you can walk just take your time and think about things. And any problems or your not sure just ask on here there will always be someone to help you give good advice :lol:

dont try and rip him off jim
i will give you £27.26p
:lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

im skint at the minute :lol: your just genorous fatfinger :lol:
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
Post Reply