I would say entirely do-able!
Most of the trip is over water and Weston SM is N Somerset.
Search found 8 matches
- Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:44 pm
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: possible wind up
- Replies: 4
- Views: 16704
- Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: 2 metre radio
- Replies: 7
- Views: 4331
Re: 2 metre radio
I was much the same but decided to have a go at the foundation because it worked in with our Raynet connections (4x4 Response). Now rather than having to have a Raynet operator in my truck, I can run solo should the need arise. There are many facets to AR,oneof the latest bits of fun being APRS ...
- Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:17 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Middy 98+ - CH9 default
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2547
Re: Middy 98+ - CH9 default
Hi thanks.
It wouldn't be so bad if it defaulted to Ch19, or even better to the channel of your choice, but having had a proper CB for so long the last thing I think to do is to go up to 1-9.
Mind you the chances of me remembering to turn it off when leaving the vehicle are even more remote hence ...
It wouldn't be so bad if it defaulted to Ch19, or even better to the channel of your choice, but having had a proper CB for so long the last thing I think to do is to go up to 1-9.
Mind you the chances of me remembering to turn it off when leaving the vehicle are even more remote hence ...
- Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:33 am
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: decent ground plane
- Replies: 6
- Views: 17890
Re: decent ground plane
I use a 4' Firestik mounted on a bracket behind the spare wheel using the top left carrier bolt to hold it. Seems to get out well and no swr issues. Used to use a gutter mount on most of my Range Rovers and that was fine too.
- Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:24 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Middy 98+ - CH9 default
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2547
Re: Middy 98+ - CH9 default
Ah that's a real shame, but thanks. Now wishing I'd bought the 'BNIB' JCB863 I saw on eBay instead of the middy I had off my boy then. Mind you the size is really compact which I like, as there's not a lot of spare space in the Discovery now.
Is that the default setting with all these new rigs then ...
Is that the default setting with all these new rigs then ...
- Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: FNG in Suffolk
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1823
Re: FNG in Suffolk
In fairness, I have never, not had a vehicle with a CB in it, nor failed to use it. :D
With the 4x4 scene we go laning when the weather allows, and to me it's just like being back on the heavies, whereas most of the group I mix with probably haven't relied on it in the same way as we used to ...
With the 4x4 scene we go laning when the weather allows, and to me it's just like being back on the heavies, whereas most of the group I mix with probably haven't relied on it in the same way as we used to ...
- Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:49 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Middy 98+ - CH9 default
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2547
Middy 98+ - CH9 default
Hi all first q on the board.
This radio is brand new and my first Middy. The ch9 default is driving me insane because after more than 35 years of CB ownership I never previously had to actually set the channel everytime I switch it on. It's a daft idea and I detest it - is there a workaround or ...
This radio is brand new and my first Middy. The ch9 default is driving me insane because after more than 35 years of CB ownership I never previously had to actually set the channel everytime I switch it on. It's a daft idea and I detest it - is there a workaround or ...
- Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:41 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: FNG in Suffolk
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1823
FNG in Suffolk
HI all, thought I'd say hello.
I'm sure I was a member of the forum years and years ago but I might be mistaken.
Anyhow, been a CB user since the late seventies, ex-HGV1 pilot and still do a bit of driving but it was a mug's game so only Sprinters nowadays.
Heavily into Land Rover's and the club ...
I'm sure I was a member of the forum years and years ago but I might be mistaken.
Anyhow, been a CB user since the late seventies, ex-HGV1 pilot and still do a bit of driving but it was a mug's game so only Sprinters nowadays.
Heavily into Land Rover's and the club ...
