FNG in Suffolk

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
User avatar
DEANO3528
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 am

HI all, thought I'd say hello.
I'm sure I was a member of the forum years and years ago but I might be mistaken.
Anyhow, been a CB user since the late seventies, ex-HGV1 pilot and still do a bit of driving but it was a mug's game so only Sprinters nowadays.
Heavily into Land Rover's and the club scene. Member of a Response group as below and SLROC is the club I belong to.
Also got an amateur licence which I did last year and currently have a little chinese HH rigged up in the motor - which is currently a 300 Disco Commercial.
Have always had old school rigs such as York 863 and when that died an Audioline 341. Just fitted my first modern rig - a Middy 98+.
Got a specific q to ask about that so I'm off to do that now in the radio section.
Cheers,
DEANO - M6GLS
ImageImage
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

welcome back to radio *King*
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi and welcome back


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Welcome to the Forum and back to CB :D :D

Andy :wink:
User avatar
DEANO3528
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:58 am

In fairness, I have never, not had a vehicle with a CB in it, nor failed to use it. :D
With the 4x4 scene we go laning when the weather allows, and to me it's just like being back on the heavies, whereas most of the group I mix with probably haven't relied on it in the same way as we used to. Before sat-nag's, CB was your close-in direction finder. I've given directions more times than I care to remember from my homebase, 20 years back as people tried to find places.
Cheers,
DEANO - M6GLS
ImageImage
Post Reply