Hello!
I bought a TTI TCB-881N back in February this year. Whilst changing the channel today, the screen suddenly went blank and it has not turned on since.
I have checked the voltages from the power supply and it is between 13 - 14 Volts so theres no problem there and the inline fuse is OK.
I ...
Search found 17 matches
- Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:41 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: TCI TCB-881N suddenly not working.
- Replies: 0
- Views: 15412
- Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:13 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: new member intro
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5024
Re: new member intro
Hello!
Greetings from Pembrokeshie West Wales!!!
Greetings from Pembrokeshie West Wales!!!
- Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:12 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hello from South Wales
- Replies: 12
- Views: 11484
Re: Hello from South Wales
Hello!
I'm in Pembrokeshire West Wales, if you are ever in the area, try give me a shout on Ch. 19!!! See a lot of wide load trucks heading to caravn parks in the area.
I'm in Pembrokeshire West Wales, if you are ever in the area, try give me a shout on Ch. 19!!! See a lot of wide load trucks heading to caravn parks in the area.
- Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: quiet on the radio today
- Replies: 2
- Views: 14940
Re: quiet on the radio today
I've noticed a lot of chatter whilst going to the shop (on my own for necessities I must add!) on lots of different channels. More so at the moment than usual. The Pembrokeshire network is pretty active!!!!
- Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:28 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Magnetic Roof mount for Ford Ranger
- Replies: 1
- Views: 14880
Magnetic Roof mount for Ford Ranger
Hello all
I have a Ford Ranger and am looking at using a magnetic roof mount for my mobile rig.
I was wondering what the best mount would be for use as the roof has a ridged profile and there may be sections where the magnet may not make contact. I'll be mounting a 1.65 M Thunderpole Voyager to it ...
I have a Ford Ranger and am looking at using a magnetic roof mount for my mobile rig.
I was wondering what the best mount would be for use as the roof has a ridged profile and there may be sections where the magnet may not make contact. I'll be mounting a 1.65 M Thunderpole Voyager to it ...
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:51 am
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Peak times?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 16174
Re: Peak times?
Found on the Thunderpole CB users map that theres a amateur radio club 10 miles away from me that monitors Ch 19 between 10am and 6pm every day. That's dedication for you!!!
My main use is between 7.30 - 8.00 am and 16.30 - 18.30 while out in the pickup. I pick up some chatter more so in the evening.
My main use is between 7.30 - 8.00 am and 16.30 - 18.30 while out in the pickup. I pick up some chatter more so in the evening.
- Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 am
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: You've done it again Quincy magoo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5146
Re: You've done it again Quincy magoo
Hello!
I mainly use CB to talk to my better half while out in the pickup. I've picked up a few conversations on Ch 19 between truckers/farmers while out and about but nothing worth breaking into. I'll likely get more distance when I get my home rig set up so probably get more activity then. Still ...
I mainly use CB to talk to my better half while out in the pickup. I've picked up a few conversations on Ch 19 between truckers/farmers while out and about but nothing worth breaking into. I'll likely get more distance when I get my home rig set up so probably get more activity then. Still ...
- Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:10 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
- Replies: 8
- Views: 18981
Re: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
No worries Wildfire.
Still on pause getting the antenna up. Shed got damaged in storm so having to prioritise stuff!!!
Still on pause getting the antenna up. Shed got damaged in storm so having to prioritise stuff!!!
- Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:08 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: You've done it again Quincy magoo
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5146
Re: You've done it again Quincy magoo
Welcome from another newbie!!!
Redneck.
Redneck.
- Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:56 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
- Replies: 8
- Views: 18981
Re: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
Cheers buddy!
Was planning on putting it up this weekend but looks like storm Dennis might spoil things!
Was planning on putting it up this weekend but looks like storm Dennis might spoil things!
- Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:07 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
- Replies: 8
- Views: 18981
Re: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
I've picked up some self amalgamation tape for that job so will hopefully do the trick. Looking forward to range testing.
Live in the "less hilly" part of Wales believe it or not!!!
Live in the "less hilly" part of Wales believe it or not!!!
- Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:57 am
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: Ford Ranger owners
- Replies: 0
- Views: 14537
Ford Ranger owners
Any Ford Ranger owners out there or anyone had experience setting up mobile rigs on them?
Be interested to see how different folks have set things up, antenna position, mounting techniques etc.
Cheers,
Redneck
Be interested to see how different folks have set things up, antenna position, mounting techniques etc.
Cheers,
Redneck
- Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:53 am
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
- Replies: 8
- Views: 18981
Re: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
Cheers Wildfire,
I'll check the SWR when I get it up and running. Looks like a trip to homebase for some bamboo and thanks for that advice as I live on top of a hill that's quite exposed.
In terms of planning permission my understanding is I'll need it and its generally not a hassle getting it ...
I'll check the SWR when I get it up and running. Looks like a trip to homebase for some bamboo and thanks for that advice as I live on top of a hill that's quite exposed.
In terms of planning permission my understanding is I'll need it and its generally not a hassle getting it ...
- Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
- Replies: 8
- Views: 18981
New Thunderpole 5/8 antenna
Hello all!
Aimed at the Thunderpole employees this one, got my home 5/8 base antenna today (thanks for the slick delivery!!!).
I've noticed some marks on the pole in blue pen. Just wondering are these section overlap marks for the level to tighten the clips to? Also wondering if they are SWR ...
Aimed at the Thunderpole employees this one, got my home 5/8 base antenna today (thanks for the slick delivery!!!).
I've noticed some marks on the pole in blue pen. Just wondering are these section overlap marks for the level to tighten the clips to? Also wondering if they are SWR ...
- Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:03 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: Hey y'all
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2490
Re: Hey y'all
Thanks both. Look forward to hearing from you!
