Cobra 148 GTL DX

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
mr p!e
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

I have bought the ledgendry Cobra 148........ AND i CANT WAIT TO START DXING AGAIN.... [-X

Does anyone on here know any decent sites or forums that I could have a nose at?

oh and is there any advice on a mobile twig? I was thinking of K40?

thanks in advance *King*
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

you got the site here k 40 not wide banded enought wilson 1000 or sirio 4000 will do a lot better job


:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

hi there this is a very good site for any info on cb radio or ssb ...just ask AWAY :)
mr p!e
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

porky.69 wrote:hi there this is a very good site for any info on cb radio or ssb ...just ask AWAY :)

Ok, this may be obvious but may small brain cant cope:

The radio is a mk1 and I need to know how to convert the channel numbers, its there a chart? how do I know what channel Im dx on.

I found this site with printable manuals... =D>
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... G%26um%3D1

8-[
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

yyou need a frequancy counter pluged in to be exactly on the nose as ssb works in freq not channels

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
hotmetal1000
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

stampman wrote:yyou need a frequancy counter pluged in to be exactly on the nose as ssb works in freq not channels

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
???? a channel is a preprogrammed frequancy. AM, FM, SSB all work on frequancies just programmed into channels.

MR p!e if you go to that link you posted and open the owners manual there on page 5 it lists the frequencies for low mid and high band for each channel.
User avatar
FISH
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1589
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Location: CLEVELAND,ENGLAND

I love it me lol lol lol. #-o #-o #-o mk2 the best.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
mr p!e
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 pm

hotmetal1000 wrote:
stampman wrote:yyou need a frequancy counter pluged in to be exactly on the nose as ssb works in freq not channels

:D :D :D :D *King* *King* *King*
???? a channel is a preprogrammed frequancy. AM, FM, SSB all work on frequancies just programmed into channels.

MR p!e if you go to that link you posted and open the owners manual there on page 5 it lists the frequencies for low mid and high band for each channel.
Hi Hotmetal,

I have printed the manual, the only problem I have is, the lady who posted the rig to me said the mic was faulty....... so I need a mic. [-X
hotmetal1000
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:00 am
Location: Queensland, Australia

I'm sure Thunderpole would be able to help you out with that one.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

yup colin will sort you out


:D :D :D :D *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

EVERYONE HAPPY LOL =D>
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

:D :D
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
Post Reply