Burners
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
put a rocket switch in place
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
If I ride in convoy 4 watts in enough but if I park on some high ground it would be nice to get at least 20 miles. What amp do you think would give me that sort of performance.
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
WhyFISH wrote:if it was me i wouldnt use one m8 on a bike.
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
well you are sat how far from the antenna,and you be useing a amp of about 100/200 watts thats a lot of RF going in to the antenna.i would ring round first (cb/ham shops) and get some feed back from the people who know a lot more about RF m8,dont take chances if you dont need to.
26 TANGO MIKE 501
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
True, if I frassle anything it could be expensive. My wifes head is about 6 inches from the antenna, but shes already mad
I surpose the rig is adaquate for the job already but I just like messing with things. I may just leave it alone this time before I cause some damage. cheers for the input
Tony
Tony
Last edited by White Magic on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
lol
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
dont they say if ur 15cm away its fine ?
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
i got it with my A99 on this little crappy leaflet it said somthing like do not transmite unless the antenna is atleast 15cm away from you
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
I know what to do now when I've had enough of the missus

Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
