sorry if the following all seems very obvious to you guys,however to me... 'not so much'
ok so, I'm a member of a small group of survialist/preppers in the midlands and we have decided that should TSHTF we would need to stay in touch via handheld cb's.. we have organised a group buy of midland 75-785 handhelds (6 units).. we are aware that there are better handhelds on the market but we had to consider various matters,not least the price.everything done as group.
My first issue is that I'm the member who lives the greater distance from our HQ.. that distance is around 9miles..
this had me thinking that the communication range would no doubt fall short on that distance with just the rubber duck provided ..
so to my questions:
1)Can i simply mount a 'homebase' antenna to my property then connect that via the BNC connector on handheld?
if so suggested antenna type/size/spec?
2)If the answer to question 1 is yes, do i need to tune my antenna with a SWR meter even though its a handheld cb?
3)Will need to become mobile too, I was thinking a magnetic base whip on my ride for with the same handheld? SWR that too?
if so suggested antenna type/size/spec?
Pretty simply put,this handheld Midland 75-785 is basically my only option,I need to range just short of 10 mile at best then continue contact as that distance reduces while on the road..eventually reaching the range where the standard stubby antenna will suffice.
Thanks for taking a minute to read my first post.Any help?
Lemur



