Newbie

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
peejwee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi All,

Just fitted my T1000 in my Freelander....not many decent places to mount them. In the end I removed the drivers side glovebox lid and there is a space next to fuseboard-fits perfect, there are even groves moulded into the plastic to slide it in nice and snug.....not the best place for vision though.
Think I need to tune it in (SWR) ?
May get to speak with you in the West Midlands area
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

hi and welcome and yes get it swr'd asap


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

I never did get round to fitting a CB in my 3dr Freelander...But I did fit a mag-mount/car-kitted Midland42 in my Freelander2...I Owned a Freelanders for about 8 years.

Both my Current Discoverys have perm-fitted rigs.. :)

I enjoyed both my Freelanders....could hold their own off-road..(Fitted both of mine with AT tyres)...comfortable on the road...but just a little too small/not enough towing capabilities for me.
User avatar
lyron
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 pm
CB Handle: disco 1
Location: ibstock. n w leicestershire.

love our two disco 1s. trying to decide best place to fit the cb at the moment. there aint a lot of room, any sugestions.

ron.
ron & lynda'
two disco 1s and an elldiss odessy 4 berth tin tent
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

here's mine
here's mine
CB_Install_S.jpg (870.28 KiB) Viewed 3221 times
Here's mine...Its a small tti550...The SWR meter is no longer kept inline (I head-butted it too often!)

a couple of small bolts, with LARGE washers on the inside of the "map pocket" hold it in place...the wires/cables run down the A-piller
peejwee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Hi
Will do stampman!
Sorry don't know the layout of a disco lyron..tried a search on landyzone?
I was considering a tti mburton they OK ? and what's the baseball bat on the dash...protection needed in your parts?
Thanx all for the welcome
User avatar
lyron
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 pm
CB Handle: disco 1
Location: ibstock. n w leicestershire.

i have tried a search on landyzone but got no joy, will keep looking though.


ron.
ron & lynda'
two disco 1s and an elldiss odessy 4 berth tin tent
mburton2
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 am
Location: SouthWest-ish Essex

lol@ peejwee..No, Not a baseball bat....ITs a "Baseball bat steering lock"....Its ONLY for vehicle security...HONEST :wink:

The ONLY downside of the tti for me, is the restricted angle of view from the LCD display...I prefer an LED display.

the 550 is small...doesnt have all the bells & whistles some of the more expensive radios have, but it keeps me in contact with my mates when Im out playing in the LandRover, & THATS what I bought it for.

I've seen some radios that have all the "bits you need" in the Mic....the rest of the "radio" is a box that can be hiden out of the way (Under a seat?), leaving only a curly-cable & mic that needs to be "Installed":

Found it!: http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/mobile-cbs ... venus.html Might be easy to install?
peejwee
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:07 pm

You would have to keep it out of sight of PC plod, as it would be a bit more obvious gawping at the handset don't you think.
You sure about the baseball bat ?
Post Reply