K40 Antenna

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

Hello to all who read this,

I recently found my fathers old K40 antenna but only found the coil and whip and nothing else, so i was wondering if anybody knows where i could pick up the quick release trunk mount and mag base for one ?.


Many Thanks,

Jack
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

Try ringing colin he may be able to sort you out at our sponsers


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

Thanks Andy do you anywhere I could get the actual mount for it ?

Jack
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

one of the best mobile antennas going a few years ago. it would pay to get it back up and running
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

porky.69 wrote:one of the best mobile antennas going a few years ago. it would pay to get it back up and running
That's my major goal at the moment, plus i think it might be one of the last original k40's in the south east ? :D

Jack
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

maybe jack. its worth giving thunderpole a bell
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

I'll have a look around for abit longer and call if I can't find any at all :)

Thanks
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Jack,

I've done some digging but it looks like the trunk mount hasn't been available separately for a number of years (about 20!!)

So I think it is mag mount, or new antenna I'm afraid.

Andy :wink:
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

But I thought to use the mag mount you had to have the quater turn quick release that the coil sit on to secure it to the mag mount ? But then again I could have no idea what im on about :')
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Yes sorry, you're right. If you only have the top part of the antenna and don't have the cable or trunk mount then I'm afraid you can't attach it to the mag.

Andy :wink:
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

Haha Thought I was, Anyway no worrys Andy :)
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
User avatar
Asterix
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sanderstead, Surrey

Hi Breaker Breaker,
I still have my K40 with mag mount from when I first had a C.B. ( many years ago now ) It was a very good arial at the time and still is, although later type arials get out much further now. It was a good idea to have that quarter turn release and is a shame that others don't incorporate it now but hey! ho!. Good luck with your search.
User avatar
wildfire
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 335
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm
CB Handle: wildfire.
Location: United Kindom.

hi Breaker Breaker & all just a thought here if Breaker Breaker already has the coil & whip for the k40 wont Breaker Breaker only need the mag mount to screw the k40 on to :?: & for £25 not a bad price considering it is a expensive antenna & equipment & with it been a old original hell it be worth trying.
Breaker Breaker
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm
CB Handle: Space Commander
Location: Greatstone, Kent

wildfire wrote:hi Breaker Breaker & all just a thought here if Breaker Breaker already has the coil & whip for the k40 wont Breaker Breaker only need the mag mount to screw the k40 on to :?: & for £25 not a bad price considering it is a expensive antenna & equipment & with it been a old original hell it be worth trying.

The coil and trunk mount are two separate pieces. But as I only have the coil it would be pointless buying a magmount when I cant attach anything to it :) but thanks for your concern.
Jack (Space Commander) ;)
Post Reply