CB'ers in Ireland.

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

Could be a problem here too tho, as I'm hearing very little activity on channel 19.
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

You on to give it another crack this week some stage lad??
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

I have posted a question on another thread you started, if I am told my radio won't work here, I'll buy the one I have been looking at and I'll let ya know, hope to talk soon lad :D
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Well lad, I hope to be getting and fitting a cobra 19 DX IV EU tomorrow, hope to be on the airwaves at about 6pm onwards, what rig do you have ? What band is most common here in Ireland.
TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

Iv got a TTI TCB 660, so far as I hear euro AM is the most common in Ireland, but I'm getting a much clearer signal from my mates when were all on euro FM. Better range too. Ill be back up around trim next, ill give you a shout on here.
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

That's sound, got my new rig this evening, sure let me know when Ur back up and I'll be on the air
TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

Will do lad, best of luck with the new rug
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

I'm back up round your neck of the woods, lad, maybe try pin down a time this week.

Actually I'm around until 9pm tonight if your up for it
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Yeah, might give it a go tonight, are u on the trim road at 9pm ?
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Say channel 5 on the Fm as the output is 4 watts on fm compared to 1 watt on am ( it will give us the best chance of hearing each other )
TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

Will be lad, ill be pulled into kiltale service station.
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Well lad, how's things, wanna give the cb's another go, I've got a better aerial now so it should be better :D
TheFarrier
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 7:31 pm
CB Handle: Blacksmith

Ya lad, I'd be up for another go at it some evening alright,
Hit it with a stick and see what happens!
When in doubt, FLAT OUT!!!
User avatar
Paff
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:22 pm

Don't matter if you use FM or AM. 1w AM is there or thereabouts the same as the FM due to how AM works... :D
MrFendt
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 6:35 pm

Well, I'm home for the weekend, just wondering if you wanted to give the cb's another go, I also travel the motorway from naas to limerick every Friday and Sunday if your ever on it.
Post Reply