poll...old skool cb

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

what was your first cb in the good old days
pics also if you have them........

i will start

rotel 220

Image



pic of my fat finger as a bonus
Image
User avatar
billy bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: blackpool

mine was a eurosonic not sure but ive have a look on google see if i can find it. would to see one again.it had ch 9 button beep on/off that all i can remenber.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

my first one was a white pace very nice cb had a lot of fun with it

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
Matt C
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 231
Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 9:33 pm
Location: Nairnshire, Scotland.

I had an old 'Enterprise UK40FM', teardrop mic, and a loft aeriel.

I was 13 years old, and used to have it on my bedside table, used to leave it on all night...

Those were the days........
Call sign: 2H2SQ
Handle: 'Turtle'
Home is where you park it!...
User avatar
billy bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: blackpool

billy bear wrote:mine was a eurosonic not sure but ive have a look on google see if i can find it. would to see one again.it had ch 9 button beep on/off that all i can remenber.
found my old rig
Image
fatfinger
Official CB Legend!!!
Official CB Legend!!!
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:47 pm
Contact:

nice 1
you got the photobucket to work then :D
User avatar
billy bear
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:33 pm
Location: blackpool

fatfinger wrote:nice 1
you got the photobucket to work then :D

yep. nice one 4 that. :lol:
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

I had 2 one was a eurosonic handhels the size of a house brick and the second one was i think pt 440? cant quite rmember as was about 16/17 years ago i was ony a young boy then
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
elvis 1
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:50 pm

my first cb was a harrier cbx back in the early 80's i think, and i just got another for the car[/url]
insigma
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:54 pm

A modified uniden uniace 200 with mids & 10kc shift to allow for the Alpha channels.

Image
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm
CB Handle: Guzzy
Location: England

Fidelity 3000 Homebase CB. December 25th 1981

Up until then I had been using other peoples rigs (in cars, mobile).

Utter pile of crap, but at the ripe old age of 11, it was my utter pile of crap! :D

Best rubbish Christmas present I ever got!

Jon
User avatar
VideoPirate
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:40 pm

It was Brother who first got me into CB. He got a Rotel RVC 240 for Xmas 1981. I used it more than him. Buy mid 1982 he had sold It. It wasnt until 1983 That my Father gave me a Colt 295A that someone had given him. That was it I was hooked again. I was 14 years old. I was lucky there were loads of people in my area. Edinburgh was buzzing with CB traffic. I used the CB for years right up till 1991. (Gave it up for a woman). I had many good CB's my Favourite being A saphire x4000 with my sadelta echo master base mike, Also had a Hy gain V although being a bit naughty had the coolest roger bleep. My home location was quite high and was able to mount a aeriel 70ft on the tenenent building rooftop. up so you could kick out all over the city and over the water into fife. Back in the day I could get easily a 25/30 mile radius no problem. Looking Back these were great times especially when we were in our late teens Running about in our first cars, Foxhunting (Hide and seek) most breakers in edinburgh called it Fox and hound. Any way it was fun and we always met up with plenty female breakers. These were the days. I'm back on the airwaves and although it will never be the same as the gold old days I have noticed a lot of CB traffic in my area and because I'm close to the City BYPass moterway It's buzzing with Van men and truckers. so it funtime again. The Handle is Videopirate and if your up my way give me a shout.
Sharpshooter
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: South Kent
Contact:

I had a York JCB863 and a Silver Rod. Great setup. I lived high up too, so got a good signal. :)
ImageImage
gatecrasha
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:39 am

good thread folks,

my first rig - jaws mkII - circa 1980

pukka ol' skool

gatecrasha - aka = GC-01
User avatar
Basilsparents
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: Lizard Peninsula, Cornwall

I had a Commitron CB40F that my old man managed to find in the attic for me, looked like the one below

Image

However, mine was hanging, the black paint was flaking off, some of the knobs were mismatched and loosing their chrome plating, none of the lights worked until I got better with electrics a few years later... it was a good setup though, I had a steel whip aerial connected to a corrugated iron garage roof and we lived on a large hill, so I couldn't complain
Post Reply