(other company) MRP-2000 Pre Amp

Scanners and receivers, inlcuding Airband - advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
GMH212
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 28, 2025 8:07 pm

Hi everyone, It looks like I have managed to Zap my Pre Amp as it has now stopped working. I know these are relatively inexpensive but I like to fix things if my limited knowledge permits me. So it's a (other company) mrp-2000 the version on the board is 3.1. I have found that one of the SMP resistors has no reading when metered while every other one has. The trouble with some components these days they are not marked up and (other company) are no help. I was wondering if anyone has one and could see if their one is marked up or if working good you could check the resistance of said resistor. Please see the attached picture of component affected I have de soldered and it sits to the right in picture. Any help would be much appreciated.This resistor is first inline from radio antenna centre pin.
20250528_2002362.jpg
20250528_2002362.jpg (347.07 KiB) Viewed 61998 times
GMH212
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 28, 2025 8:07 pm

Hi again , quite a few may have had a chuckle at this as this component is indeed a capacitor and with a borrowed tester measures 105pF unless anyone can provide me a schematic I think I will just get a new one.
Post Reply