I built a dipole out of an old silver rod by cutting each of the six sections into two i.e. 6 pieces for each side with a junction box in the center. With the help of an online dipole calculator I measured each side and mounted it on an 8 meter pole.
The SWR is 1:1 from 26Mhz to 30Mhz. Is this normal?
I have tested the SWR with three meters, all show 1:1 SWR.
Surprising SWR for homebrew dipole
- Smithdoor
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 45
- Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2026 2:40 am
- CB Handle: KDS93612
- Location: Clovis California
- Contact:
That great.
What type of meter did you use
Dave
What type of meter did you use
Dave
Cobra S19 FM and HH50WXST.
Antennas 50 inch and ½ wave
Moderator on
https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/
https://www.weldingweb.com/
Past work
https://web.archive.org/web/20010519134 ... angarDoor/
Antennas 50 inch and ½ wave
Moderator on
https://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/
https://www.weldingweb.com/
Past work
https://web.archive.org/web/20010519134 ... angarDoor/

