Cool..the boomerang looks like an upside-down Wotpole from the early 80's but with a 45 degree bent over aerial This stuff sure brings back the memories..boo hoo, I feel old!
mate and me had booms made buy sirio looked a bit div to one in pic \ got out ok for smallish ant. got out 20 -30 miles no pobs. dont moant to close to house and will swr in ok. just moved back to peronts hosue have got pem to put 21 ft ant up but got to put it low down .not ideal as higher the beter\ may shorten by makeing coiled wire top bit can get down to 13 ft and put higher up,,, wots it with pers not likeing big ants.the fist thing they say is eye sore
mate and me had sirio boom looked bit div to one in pic , got out ok for smallish ant .got out 20-30 miles no pobs, got 21ft silver rod at min ,pers leting me put up but got to put low down .not ideal as higher the beter.may shorten ant by makeing top half coiled wire.this should get out the same or from wot ive readed better.can bring down to 13 ft .. wots it with pers not likeing big ants, first thing they say is eye sore
I am a 55 newbie named David who has bought a Sigma Boomerang Loft aerial but I am unsure how you SWR 2 aerials at the same time that are part of the whole. Do I work with the thinner one which comes with an alum key and is going to be the most vertical one or do somehow go from one to the other? I am disabled so I really want this to work! Please can some one help me? Don't worry I have a friend fitting it but he knows nothing about CBs so hopefully will be shouting instructions up to him. The SWR-in is my job....Please help!
Well, after watching Y.T vids, reading forums have realised it's going to ne hard to get the SWR down as I need a metal ground plane. Have tried the side of a computer but still SWR in the red.
So going for a hanging Di- pole aerial.
I have dug out an aluminium pole....which if it can be tied to something in the loft we may try to clamp the boomerang twig so not all hope is lost with that one yet.
I shall get there in the end!! So watch out M4 truckers going by Newport you maybe hearing a 'Lefty'!!