Minor problem?

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
User avatar
Asterix
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sanderstead, Surrey

Hi guy's
I have got a (other company) minor that I have fitted in my car and It seems to have a supression problem, it is picking up noise from the alternator ( when i rev up the noise gets higher too ). I have taken off the coax lead from the rig and the noise is still there, I have rerouted the power lead to different areas and the niose is still there ( the power is taken from the cigarette socket ) the only time its gone is when the rig is switched off, It also picks up interference as i take the key out of the ignition switch. I have tried other rigs in my car and they dont seem to be affected by any supression problems, Is this a common problem with the minor? I know they are cheapish sets but has anyone else suffered from supression problem like this with these? Help anyone????
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

sound like a rig problem then i would change it and put it down to experiance


:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
Asterix
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:06 pm
Location: Sanderstead, Surrey

Thanks Stampman, The rig is still useable and is not a bad little rig for what they cost, but the noise does seem to be amplified when useing an external speaker which can be a bit off-putting, like you say, best put it down to experience and prob. take out the ex. speaker aswell..... Cheers stampman.
Post Reply