Hi,
Being an idiot who doesn't research things properly before buying, I now have a brand new Midland 75-822 AM Transceiver from the US.
Soon after receiving ofcourse I realised that it was useless here in the UK, and also illegal to use!
Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do with the radio? Returning would be a pain since I would have to pay shipping to the US.
Is there anyone here who has a need for an AM transceiver who would like to buy or swap for an UK spec CB?
Thanks.
Gerard
Midland 75-822 AM Transceiver
-
east coast cb'er
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 22
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:16 pm
- Location: essex
some people still use them try sticking it on ebay
-
CrunchyNut
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:50 pm
I just brought an AM/SSB rig back from the USA - it uses legal EU CEPT frequencies but with AM/SSB. I'm hoping to get some DX action with it - or have I also made a stupid 'newbie' mistake?????
-
CrunchyNut
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 26
- Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 2:50 pm
Cobra 148 GTL - nice little radio - haven't installed it yet - prob use it as a base station with a great big antenna.
Ive had a few of them, Not much use in uk unless you change the xtal for high band.
Probably get a few stations on AM when the skips up, and a few useing LSB around the 30's but thats about it.
The one i had i changed the 11.325 xtal for a 11.4825 (i think its .4825 cant think off the top of my head) but some minor retuning is needed to put set on freq.
I beleive it uses the 455IF so an FM board could be fitted, and also the MB8719 pll so an uk eeprom can be fitted too, But if it uses the MB8734 then it will have to be changed first.
There are a few other mods you could do to get extra channels by switching pins on the PLL, Do a google search and you will find it.
Probably get a few stations on AM when the skips up, and a few useing LSB around the 30's but thats about it.
The one i had i changed the 11.325 xtal for a 11.4825 (i think its .4825 cant think off the top of my head) but some minor retuning is needed to put set on freq.
I beleive it uses the 455IF so an FM board could be fitted, and also the MB8719 pll so an uk eeprom can be fitted too, But if it uses the MB8734 then it will have to be changed first.
There are a few other mods you could do to get extra channels by switching pins on the PLL, Do a google search and you will find it.


