CB Rig Screw Thread Size & TCB 880

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
ozzie1989
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:44 am
Location: South Wales

Hello everyone! Been a while since I posted on here.

I'm about to purchase a TTI TCB-880 unit to fit in my Defender. The unit is going to go in a Mobile Storage Systems cubby box with dedicated din-sized mounting area. I was contemplating buying a DIN mount for the CB but realised that if I did I wouldn't be able to shut the lid on the compartment with the mic plugged in as it would stick up too far.

What I'm interested in finding out is what thread size the rig bolts are for the brackets, as it looks like I'm going to have to get some longer bolts than the standard ones and try to bold the unit through the sides of the cubby box if that makes sense?

Cheers
Last edited by ozzie1989 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

waite till you get the set then you can get the right ones remember not to have them too long or you might hit one of the tuneing cans inside so be careful and good luck



:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
ozzie1989
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:44 am
Location: South Wales

I see... so the ends of the thread are not blocked off then?

Glad I asked now :shock:

Anyone else got the TCB-880? What do you think of it?
Post Reply