I have a midland 38 in my series landrover, I have been trying to talk/chat to others on my way to work 3 days this week, on channel 19 my daily drive is 12 miles on country roads along side the A14 Ipswich to Stowmarket Suffolk.
about every mile or so I try "19 for a copy".....nothing
the rig shows full strength bar while I talk & hold the mike bar & shows TX on the display..once I let go & wait for some one to reply I see RX on the display & sometimes 1 or 2 bars light up on the strenght bar display......
now is it no one wants to talk or is there something wrong with my midland 38 (brought from ebay)
I do somethings hear voices talking for a split second or two
my set up is
midland 38
trucker 80 on a gutter mount
external speaker
I do get white noise & it goes away with 1/2 to 3/4 squelch adjustment...
any ideas/tips
Paul
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
full throttle until you see god...........then brake....................................



