Cobra 29 LX EU

General CB Radio Advice and Troubleshooting

Post Reply
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm
CB Handle: Guzzy
Location: England

Looks interesting.

Anyone purchased one and want to share their experience with it?

ImageImage

Looks like it would make a nice home base unit (lots of things to play with).
needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

hi guz,was chatting with a guy who was using one the other day...not so good on the fm side..needs tweaking..but usable..am has a bit more punch with it...I like the look of it though.as you say plenty of nobs to twiddle with...and yeah more suited to homebase than mobile...
clockworkorange
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:09 pm

Looks good but that's about it! My advice don't waist your money I did!!! Mod is crap even with a after market mic and receives every piece of noise out there! NOT Impressed! :(
Guzzy
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm
CB Handle: Guzzy
Location: England

I wonder if it's all of them or just some out of a batch, as I've read vary varying opinions on this radio. Some people like 'em and others hate them and want to tell everyone else just how much they hate them. :?

I guess only time and more purchasers will truly tell.

Shame really, as it looks interesting at the very least.
extremedave
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 226
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:37 pm

if only all cb radios looked this good!will there be a side band version coming?
11hwl
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 am

Sounds like not to bother then? ;P
needle bender
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 441
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am

this is old post 11hwl...if ya want up to date info on the LX EU better to ask on 19...but in my opinion there are better radios to be had!! :)
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

I think most of the radios built for the American market are aimed at AM users and the FM side is usually fairly lame .
Hindleytyres02
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

so whats the toughts should i replace my midland 48 excel with a cobra 29???
Dragonfly
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 436
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

The midland 48 aint a bad rig but nothing beats a nice shiny new set .
Hindleytyres02
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Well I ordered one today so well see:)
Hindleytyres02
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:54 pm

Well I'm impressed so far transmits and revives well and is much clearer than my midland ever was
Post Reply