I hand held Baofeng Dual Band FM Transceiver and I ama complete novice and have not got a clue what im doing.
The aerial on it can work for 3 miles and to another same Baofeng I am talking about 6 miles total.
What I think I need to do is add some repeaters from around Kent. So I presume I need to be no more than 3 miles from a repeater to pic it up, as the Baofeng will only reach that far.
OFFSETS ....... On my list of Repeaters around Kent I have collated don't seem to have OFFSET listed with them, so I attach a table I found on the net list offset for each freq range. If I follow that rule for OFFSETs would it be correct. Can someone confirm its correct
See below:-
Input Offset
10 meters 29.51-29.70 MHz -0.1 MHz
(varies)
6 meters 51-54 MHz -1.0 MHz
2 meters 144.51-144.89 MHz +0.6 MHz
" 145.11-145.49 MHz -0.6 MHz
" 146.00-146.39 MHz +0.6 MHz
" 146.61-147.00 MHz -0.6 MHz
" 147.00-147.39 MHz +0.6 MHz
" 147.60-147.99 MHz -0.6 MHz
1.25 meters 223-225 MHz -1.6 MHz
70 cm 440-445 MHz +5.0 MHz
" 445-450 MHz -5.0 MHz
33 cm 927-928 MHz -12.0 MHz
23 cm 1282-1288 MHz -12.0 MHz
Help on Repeaters and OFFSETS
Don't think Your radio will work on 6m 10m 23cm 33cm .
If you have a UV5r then 2m and 70cm is your lot .
You will need a amature licence to transmit on repeaters .
A Nagoya 771 antenna will get you out twice as far as the standard rubber duck.
If you have a UV5r then 2m and 70cm is your lot .
You will need a amature licence to transmit on repeaters .
A Nagoya 771 antenna will get you out twice as far as the standard rubber duck.
I take it that being a novice, that you don't hold an Amateur Radio licence.
If this is the case, off sets are irrelevant to receiving which is all you are allowed to do.
I have a Baofeng UV-5R and I pick up a decent range on the repeaters.
Put the RX frequency into the scanner as RX and TX to prevent transmitting as the PTT button can be pressed accidentally.
If this is the case, off sets are irrelevant to receiving which is all you are allowed to do.
I have a Baofeng UV-5R and I pick up a decent range on the repeaters.
Put the RX frequency into the scanner as RX and TX to prevent transmitting as the PTT button can be pressed accidentally.
Amateur call sign: M6UCW
Uniden USC230 , Baofeng UV-5R , Yaesu FT-7900 , Icom IC-207H , CS700
Find me on GB3AL, GB3HR & GB7NS (DMR) and scanning many others
Also scanning VHF, UHF & DMR simplex frequencies
Uniden USC230 , Baofeng UV-5R , Yaesu FT-7900 , Icom IC-207H , CS700
Find me on GB3AL, GB3HR & GB7NS (DMR) and scanning many others
Also scanning VHF, UHF & DMR simplex frequencies
-
richhhhhhhhh
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm
Ok
Got you
I can only listen
That is the aerial I chose to replace said rubber duck for further distance. I was trying to find the best and just how far, but it looks like that is the best. I presume its a sma and not nbc so should be good to go. So I hope it throws signal up to the repeater to LISTEN as I do not have a LIC. I think I will go get one though and they then say I get a errrrm in olden term a HANDLE or a .......?
Yes you are correct 2M & 70cm.
Not asking for peeps to do the donkey work, but are there any know FREQ for services etc round Kent to LISTEN URL
on my configuration APP CHIRP of which I cannot cut and paste here. If I set the DUPLEX to OFF as opposed to - + split etc that will presumably prevent me from TRANSMITTING ?
Ta
Rich
Got you
I can only listen
That is the aerial I chose to replace said rubber duck for further distance. I was trying to find the best and just how far, but it looks like that is the best. I presume its a sma and not nbc so should be good to go. So I hope it throws signal up to the repeater to LISTEN as I do not have a LIC. I think I will go get one though and they then say I get a errrrm in olden term a HANDLE or a .......?
Yes you are correct 2M & 70cm.
Not asking for peeps to do the donkey work, but are there any know FREQ for services etc round Kent to LISTEN URL
on my configuration APP CHIRP of which I cannot cut and paste here. If I set the DUPLEX to OFF as opposed to - + split etc that will presumably prevent me from TRANSMITTING ?
Ta
Rich
You can get a good list from http://ukscanningdirectory.co.uk/ - They can also do a list based on your post code (as well as listing Amateur repeaters by area) including many outside of the Baofeng's range however once started you might decide to get a scanner covering most available frequencies. Check on http://www.ukrepeater.net for repeaters in your area - 70cm and 2m. Also note that sometimes its not the closest repeater that you need to use as it may not be as active as the next repeater. Best add several within a range from your place and scan them. Also check for the repeater app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rch_result) which lets you search for various repeaters within a range of you.
Amateur call sign: M6UCW
Uniden USC230 , Baofeng UV-5R , Yaesu FT-7900 , Icom IC-207H , CS700
Find me on GB3AL, GB3HR & GB7NS (DMR) and scanning many others
Also scanning VHF, UHF & DMR simplex frequencies
Uniden USC230 , Baofeng UV-5R , Yaesu FT-7900 , Icom IC-207H , CS700
Find me on GB3AL, GB3HR & GB7NS (DMR) and scanning many others
Also scanning VHF, UHF & DMR simplex frequencies
-
richhhhhhhhh
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm
thank you all for the information
Rich
Rich
-
richhhhhhhhh
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm
I am setting up repeaters
Some sites say use the RX to listen to the repeater and some say use the TX to listen to the repeater
Which is it as I thought it was RX
So add RX to listen or TX to listen .HELP PLEASE
GB3NK ERITH
70CM ANALOGUE REPEATER 103.5Hz
TX: 433.1000 MHz
RX: 434.7000 MHz
GB3OK BROMLEY
70CM ANALOGUE REPEATER 82.5Hz
TX: 439.5125 MHz
RX: 430.5125 MHz
Some sites say use the RX to listen to the repeater and some say use the TX to listen to the repeater
Which is it as I thought it was RX
So add RX to listen or TX to listen .HELP PLEASE
GB3NK ERITH
70CM ANALOGUE REPEATER 103.5Hz
TX: 433.1000 MHz
RX: 434.7000 MHz
GB3OK BROMLEY
70CM ANALOGUE REPEATER 82.5Hz
TX: 439.5125 MHz
RX: 430.5125 MHz
-
richhhhhhhhh
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:39 pm
cheers
thought so dohhhhhh
thought so dohhhhhh



