Page 1 of 1

Yupateru met-7100

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 1:02 pm
by Kerrygold
I have just taken my MVT 7100 out of the cupboard as I haven't used it for thee years.It switches on and lights up but that's about it.when I stopped using it three years ago it was absolutely fine with no problems.the battery light is flashing,even when I change the batteries.I was wondering if there is an internal battery like you have on laptops,hope someone can help.

Re: Yupateru met-7100

Posted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:34 pm
by Dragonfly
Yes it sounds like there is a internal battery to retain the memory settings though the main battery,s could be dying or dead .

Re: Yupateru met-7100

Posted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:07 pm
by Kerrygold
Thanks for the response,it isn't the main batts,I've changed them twice,and I still get the batt warning light flashing.regards

Re: Yupateru met-7100

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:58 am
by clouseau
when these scanners are working correctly they cannot be beaten, they are simply better than any other handheld scanner on the market now. but after having quite a few of these myself over the years ive realised they can be quite temperamental. however, on the plus side when there is a fault its usually not a serious one, which means its nearly allways worth repairing. these are truly fantastic scanners and very user friendly which is why they are so popular.