Old Antennas / CB's
-
pigeonpost+cb
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:58 pm
- Location: Staffordshire
Just looking on the Thunderpole Website I came across the CB Radio History page. Seeing the old Thunderpole adverts brought back memories of past antennas that I used. Legal Dipole, Wot Pole as I remember similar antenna but with a whip top. Then the Thunderpole MK2 a very good antenna for me. CB's were Commtron then Midland 77-250K EU channels only. Good memories with plenty of cross channel interference from nearby CB users. Locally we used to say we were suffering from broadband.
- Radiotronics
- New to the Scene

- Posts: 6
- Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm
- Contact:
There's a couple of really good "museum" type websites.
http://www.cbmuseum.nl/
http://www.cbgazette.com/photo.html
and
http://cbradiomuseum.dk/mobil_01.htm
Immediately spring to mind. Brilliant nostalgic websites.
http://www.cbmuseum.nl/
http://www.cbgazette.com/photo.html
and
http://cbradiomuseum.dk/mobil_01.htm
Immediately spring to mind. Brilliant nostalgic websites.
- Clouddancer
- Good Buddy

- Posts: 21
- Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:27 pm
I remember my first CB was an Amstrad 901 with a Modulator Antenna on an old Ex-GPO Van .
Skip was very good at the time, coming in from America etc. Many Groups on locally.
Homebase was a Silver Rod
Just recently got back into CB.
Started off with a T-800 Rig, then a Rotel 240 from E-Bay and now a President Walker 11 am/fm.
Still have all three.
I still use the Original Modulator on occasions to this day.
Made many Friends in those days when I lived near the Dartford Tunnel. (Happy Days)
Just wish the CB would come back as it was, I now find most of the Breakers are South of Lancaster.
Skip was very good at the time, coming in from America etc. Many Groups on locally.
Homebase was a Silver Rod
Just recently got back into CB.
Started off with a T-800 Rig, then a Rotel 240 from E-Bay and now a President Walker 11 am/fm.
Still have all three.
I still use the Original Modulator on occasions to this day.
Made many Friends in those days when I lived near the Dartford Tunnel. (Happy Days)
Just wish the CB would come back as it was, I now find most of the Breakers are South of Lancaster.

