Page 1 of 1

Sirio ML 145

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:12 pm
by boyscout
Hi Just got a sirio ML 145, SWR'd it in and was just asking if the readings seem right. Ch 40 1.2 and a nats. ch 20 1.2 and ch1 the needle does not seem to move, maybe a nats millimeter. I know this sounds good but is it to good to be true? when I first put it on the works van the readings were ch 40 1.5 just under ch 20 1.3 ch 1 1.2. I had to take about 20 mill of the top of the antenna.( a bit at a time may I add) thought that was cool. bear in mind that the van has a roof rack and a ladder strapped to the top. Stuck it on the car today and the results were just bang on as I have said before. Just want to know is it possible to get this kind of very low reading? :shock:

Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:13 am
by stampman
yes you can get a super reading ocasionaly good things do happen


:D :D :D :D :D

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:46 pm
by andy.73
is this a suitable aerial for a hgv cab roof?

toying with the idea of getting one, but in the pics the mount looks quite small?

any ideas?

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:18 pm
by stampman
depends on the hgv best mount is a guttermount stright to cab roof and no rust then a good quality mag mount what kind of hgv is it as if i get a few more details then i could possibly help fit hgv with cb's all week

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Sirio ML 145

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:23 pm
by EarthWormJim
boyscout wrote:Hi Just got a sirio ML 145, SWR'd it in and was just asking if the readings seem right. Ch 40 1.2 and a nats. ch 20 1.2 and ch1 the needle does not seem to move, maybe a nats millimeter. I know this sounds good but is it to good to be true? when I first put it on the works van the readings were ch 40 1.5 just under ch 20 1.3 ch 1 1.2. I had to take about 20 mill of the top of the antenna.( a bit at a time may I add) thought that was cool. bear in mind that the van has a roof rack and a ladder strapped to the top. Stuck it on the car today and the results were just bang on as I have said before. Just want to know is it possible to get this kind of very low reading? :shock:
Ive got the sirio ML 145 fantastic antenna swr reads 1.2 on my car. Ive got a vauxhall Nova :lol: