Newbie from Blackpool

A place for new members to say hello
Post Reply
ProBullsUK1
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:52 pm

Hi to all on here and I hope your all good.
Iv recently set up a ss6900 radio with an Antron a99 mounted on a 20 foot mast in the back garden... Iv got a firestick upgraded top section to the a99 but the end of it only ends up sticking up/out over the ridge of the roof.

I can’t get a low swr across the uk fm band but I’m told it’s because these antennas work from the base therefore I need it all above the ridge of the roof.

Can anybody confirm this or offer s as my advice?

Thanks in advance.
User avatar
porky.69
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 2144
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 8:11 pm
Location: wolverhampton, uk

all antennas need to be up and clear of trees and houses if possible
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi and Welcome,

Yes I agree with what Porky said :)

Andy
Post Reply