Midland Alan 42 DS - Quiet microphone / mic / modulation
Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:56 pm
Hiya,
I picked up a Midland Alan 42 DS recently. It's a nice radio, but the modulation is so quiet.
I saw this post - viewtopic.php?t=4595 - regarding the same problem on the older "Multi" version of this radio, but the component layout for that radio is a bit different than for the DS.
So, does anyone know how I can increase the mic gain / transmit audio volume on this radio?
Cheers,
James
PS - I've just splashed out £20 for an external mic (a Midland MA26-XL), but that didn't make any difference.
I picked up a Midland Alan 42 DS recently. It's a nice radio, but the modulation is so quiet.
I saw this post - viewtopic.php?t=4595 - regarding the same problem on the older "Multi" version of this radio, but the component layout for that radio is a bit different than for the DS.
So, does anyone know how I can increase the mic gain / transmit audio volume on this radio?
Cheers,
James
PS - I've just splashed out £20 for an external mic (a Midland MA26-XL), but that didn't make any difference.