Cars with panoramic roof

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
andythelion
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:57 pm
CB Handle: Ice Man
Location: Kent, UK.

Hi All
Wondered if anyone might be able to assist please.
Recently got back into CB after a long break between the 1980's and now! Therfore, this is my first post on the forum.
My issue is this. I am very happy with the home base set up I have but, hit a conundrum with the mobile set up.
Have bought a Sirio P5000 for the car as it was highly rated across many reviews, however….. my car has a full-size panoramic roof (something I didn’t consider when buying the Sirio)
I have roof bar attachments and thought about fixing it to that but worried about some of the discussions I’ve seen, speaking of "poor ground plane / earthing" etc.
Hopefully someone might be able to advise me, as…….. getting rid of the car for a solid roof one isn’t currently an option 😊
Thanks All
Andy
User avatar
andy@thunderpole.co.uk
Site Admin
Posts: 1142
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Northampton
Contact:

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum and back to CB :)

You can attach it to the roof bars, but as you say the earth/groundplane would probably be poor.

This can be easily fixed though, by running an earth wire from the mount to an earth point on the vehicle.

Andy.
andythelion
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:57 pm
CB Handle: Ice Man
Location: Kent, UK.

Thanks Andy
That is what I will do
Will do a test before and after running an earth in and let you know how it goes :)
Cheers
Other Andy :)
Post Reply