Text message noises in the speaker

General Chat - one nine for a roger!
Post Reply
JohnKey
New to the Scene
New to the Scene
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:07 pm

Hi All,
Maybe you will know what is going on.
I moved to the countryside but what I have noticed on my old speaker whenever it's on I got these noises like there is some mobile phone nearby sending and receiving text messages.
Usually you come across a couple of such noises a day but in here it's quite frequent like every other minute one after another in a span of 2 seconds.
I don't think any of my neighbours is sending and receiving those messages.

Can this be from a smart meter that is at the property?
SideSide
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:34 pm

Usually it's a nearby phone continuously communicating with the mast it is connected to. Older extention speakers or amplified speakers will be susceptible to this sort of interference. The later ones (amplified) have been shielded to prevent this. It COULD also be a smart meter as I don't know how these operate. If you have never had this before, then it must be the smart meter, unless you are very close to a phone mast?? Only my best guesses. Good luck with sorting this. Let us know if you find the root cause!
Ss.
Post Reply