Hi all, well I'm a lot like most guys on here, I first got into the world of CB radio back in the later part of the 1970's early 1980's and as I remember it was s lot of fun for a while, until the airways seemed to be filled with self centred stupid idiots, either constantly playing music into the microphone, or merely verbally abusing other breakers, shouting & swearing, I can't really remember how it got to that, but it definitely did towards the mid 80's.
I had a rig in my little truck when I was a driver in the mid 90's, and when i was driving out of town it was a good thing to be a part of, with other drivers, mostly truckers helping out with weather reports, or letting you know of driving hazards, like traffic hold ups, accident spots, etc. yes it was a good thing then.
I have decided to give it another go, not for the fact that I think people have got a bit more common sense these days, cos I don't actually think that''s the case,
I am more of a realist nowadays, and I have begun preparing for the next emergency, whether it be another pandemic, or possibly a war, could be something like a cyber attack, whatever it may be, I also decided that a simple form of communications would be a distinct advantage, particularly if the internet & wi-fi go down, and so I have purchased a Thunderpole TX Hand held transceiver, and erected a Thunderpole SilverRod Dipole on my outside unit, which puts out & receives very well.
I am based in Warrington, and as yes have not had any interaction on the CB with other breakers, but I hope to very soon.
I will see what happens going forward.
I look forward to see how things go, and getting back onto the airwaves and interacting with the people involved.
I will update everyone with progress.
back into this from the 1980's
Love this CB was brilliant when it was used properly, and yeah… mid-80s it turned into “Britain’s Got Talent: Mic Abuse Edition” 
Good shout having a simple backup comms plan too, especially if the internet drops. When I was doing HGV training we still saw how useful radio chatter can be for heads-ups on hazards and hold-ups.
Hope you get some decent breakers around Warrington soon keep us posted how that Thunderpole setup performs.
Good shout having a simple backup comms plan too, especially if the internet drops. When I was doing HGV training we still saw how useful radio chatter can be for heads-ups on hazards and hold-ups.
Hope you get some decent breakers around Warrington soon keep us posted how that Thunderpole setup performs.

