What do you use?
My side cutters screamed at me and my junior hacksaw blade lasted about 50% of the cut.
Is there another option?
Search found 21 matches
- Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:12 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: Cutting a stainless steel whip.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1906
- Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:07 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
Cheers Dragonfly. Yes I have a similar mount. The one with the 4 bolts.
Don't want this thing flying off at 90mph do I ;)
Don't want this thing flying off at 90mph do I ;)
- Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:26 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: The Bigger Net! - 32 years of legal UK CB radio
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2722
Re: The Bigger Net! - 32 years of legal UK CB radio
How about a 851x315 pixel facebook cover photo image 
- Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
Cheers for your help stampman, I see what you mean about the mount antenna conection just being a nut 
Got a Super Nova set up now but SWR won't go down much below 3 on 40 and 2 on 1.
Do I need to cut the whip down?
Got a Super Nova set up now but SWR won't go down much below 3 on 40 and 2 on 1.
Do I need to cut the whip down?
- Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:44 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
I ordered separate mount and 3m patch coax.
I couldn't work out why the kit only came with one plug when you need one for each end.
I couldn't work out why the kit only came with one plug when you need one for each end.
- Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:01 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Over ordered
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2709
Re: Over ordered
Thanks 
- Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: Over ordered
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2709
Over ordered
I've just ordered some stuff from the shop and somehow managed to buy 2 power mikes when I only want the one.
I've emailed sales asking for it to be amended but worried it won't be seen before my order is processed.
It was order No. TP15765
Hope this is seen before my order is sent out.
Sorry ...
I've emailed sales asking for it to be amended but worried it won't be seen before my order is processed.
It was order No. TP15765
Hope this is seen before my order is sent out.
Sorry ...
- Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:44 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
Do these mirror mount kits only come with one plug?
- Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:43 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
OK thanks.
- Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:20 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
How does it prevent water and debris ingress then ?
- Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:38 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Re: Antenna and roof rack
Well I didn't really want to mount anything to the roof rack but if the antenna can easily be unscrewed when not in use then I might take your advice.
Do these mirror clamps come with protective bungs?
Would need to stop the rain and what not getting into it.
What about protecting the pl259 plug.
Do ...
Do these mirror clamps come with protective bungs?
Would need to stop the rain and what not getting into it.
What about protecting the pl259 plug.
Do ...
- Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:27 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Antenna and roof rack
- Replies: 14
- Views: 6199
Antenna and roof rack
Here's a pic of the roof rack on my van
http://i.imgur.com/RUkbZyjl.jpg
Would sticking a mag mount on the roof cause any problems given the vicinity of the bars of the rack? They are about 3 inches above the roof.
It's a company van so I don't really want to attach anything directly to the roof ...
http://i.imgur.com/RUkbZyjl.jpg
Would sticking a mag mount on the roof cause any problems given the vicinity of the bars of the rack? They are about 3 inches above the roof.
It's a company van so I don't really want to attach anything directly to the roof ...
- Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:47 am
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Mini Orbitor
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2320
Re: Mini Orbitor
Thanks.
- Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:51 pm
- Forum: CB Antennas
- Topic: Mini Orbitor
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2320
Mini Orbitor
Hi, I thought these were the same antenna to start with but looking closer, one says it handles 1000W and the other 2000W ?
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/antenna-magnet-kits/thunderpole-mini-orbitor-mag-kit.html
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/medium-cb-antennas/thunderpole-mini-orbitor.html
Is this ...
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/antenna-magnet-kits/thunderpole-mini-orbitor-mag-kit.html
http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/medium-cb-antennas/thunderpole-mini-orbitor.html
Is this ...
- Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:46 pm
- Forum: Homebase CB Antennas
- Topic: SWRing a Hombase antenna
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4384
SWRing a Hombase antenna
I've never had a decent hombase antenna and made do with a mag mount in the loft back in the day when I was 14.
These days I'm making do with another antenna in the loft and running up and down the ladder to adjust the SWR is no problem, but I'm thinking about getting a Thunderpole 5 and mounting it ...
These days I'm making do with another antenna in the loft and running up and down the ladder to adjust the SWR is no problem, but I'm thinking about getting a Thunderpole 5 and mounting it ...
