Hi all, My silverod has finaly had its day. My incoming signal has gradualy got less and less over the past 10 months, although the swr stayed low. When I took it down I found it was full of water and the bamboos I put inside it to strengthen it were starting to rod.
I am looking at the Antron 99 as a replacement but read on this forum that they are rattley in the wind. Has anyone had this same problem as I like the A99. The price is in my budget and I'm not sure whether there is another antenna as good for the price.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers Tony
Antron 99 ??????????????
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
hi mate,
i have owned a antron99 for nearly a year now iv never had any problems with it, it was and upgrade to my old silver rod i was surprised at how well it worked compared to my silver rod I plugged it in and went to swr it expecting the rig to be dead as normal turned the rig on and nearly every channel was booming with chit chat
i have owned a antron99 for nearly a year now iv never had any problems with it, it was and upgrade to my old silver rod i was surprised at how well it worked compared to my silver rod I plugged it in and went to swr it expecting the rig to be dead as normal turned the rig on and nearly every channel was booming with chit chat
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
Thank you for the replies. An Antron its going to be then I think.

Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
Does anyone know whether the antron 99 comes with the fittings to fix the antenna to a pole.
Cheers Tony
Cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
hi mate when i got mine from thunderpole the box had the antenna in three parts that you screw in place and place a washer betweend each one and also 2 u clamps and bolts to bolt to a pole that is on T and K or other mounts hope this clears up your question

M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
OK Thank you guys, that clears that up. Just need to order now.

Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
Just ordered from Thunderpole, its on its way.

Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
- killer cam
- - - -> CB God <- - -

- Posts: 1593
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
- CB Handle: killer cam
- Location: Shrewsbury
M6TBR
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
I've got a bit of diy to do first on the housekiller cam wrote:![]()
![]()
![]()
lets us know how you get on mate
I'll let you know how much better it is than the silverod as soon as its up.
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
-
White Magic
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 148
- Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
- CB Handle: White Magic
- Location: Gwent
The Antron is up
I've got a SWR of 1.3 ( is this OK ) My silverod had a SWR of 1.2. I haven't noticed any obvious inprovements as there are not very many breakers up here and I haven't got a lot of spare time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's
163 Tango Mike 361
- padster
- Chatter Box

- Posts: 243
- Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 pm
- CB Handle: night owl
- Location: northeast england
yes 1.3 is greatWhite Magic wrote:The Antron is upI've got a SWR of 1.3 ( is this OK ) My silverod had a SWR of 1.2. I haven't noticed any obvious inprovements as there are not very many breakers up here and I haven't got a lot of spare time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
