Antron 99 ??????????????

Homebase antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

Hi all, My silverod has finaly had its day. My incoming signal has gradualy got less and less over the past 10 months, although the swr stayed low. When I took it down I found it was full of water and the bamboos I put inside it to strengthen it were starting to rod.

I am looking at the Antron 99 as a replacement but read on this forum that they are rattley in the wind. Has anyone had this same problem as I like the A99. The price is in my budget and I'm not sure whether there is another antenna as good for the price.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

hi mate,

i have owned a antron99 for nearly a year now iv never had any problems with it, it was and upgrade to my old silver rod i was surprised at how well it worked compared to my silver rod I plugged it in and went to swr it expecting the rig to be dead as normal turned the rig on and nearly every channel was booming with chit chat
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

just a few had the rattle but seems cured now


*King* *King* *King* *King*
if it anit broke dont fix it
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

Thank you for the replies. An Antron its going to be then I think. :D :D
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

Does anyone know whether the antron 99 comes with the fittings to fix the antenna to a pole.

Cheers Tony
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

hi mate when i got mine from thunderpole the box had the antenna in three parts that you screw in place and place a washer betweend each one and also 2 u clamps and bolts to bolt to a pole that is on T and K or other mounts hope this clears up your question
:D
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

OK Thank you guys, that clears that up. Just need to order now. :D :D :D
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

Just ordered from Thunderpole, its on its way. :D :D :D :D :D
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
killer cam
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 1593
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:53 pm
CB Handle: killer cam
Location: Shrewsbury

:D :D :D :D lets us know how you get on mate
M6TBR

I want to tell you my setup but you might rob me
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

killer cam wrote::D :D :D :D lets us know how you get on mate
I've got a bit of diy to do first on the house :evil: but as soon as thats done the A99 is going up. I've ordered an extra 1.5 metre pole , I will then have two, just to make it a bit higher.

I'll let you know how much better it is than the silverod as soon as its up. :)
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
White Magic
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:07 pm
CB Handle: White Magic
Location: Gwent

The Antron is up :D I've got a SWR of 1.3 ( is this OK ) My silverod had a SWR of 1.2. I haven't noticed any obvious inprovements as there are not very many breakers up here and I haven't got a lot of spare time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Magnum 257
Intek 550
Danita 3000 multi
Midland 42 handheld
2 x MT5050 PMR's

163 Tango Mike 361
User avatar
padster
Chatter Box
Chatter Box
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:16 pm
CB Handle: night owl
Location: northeast england

White Magic wrote:The Antron is up :D I've got a SWR of 1.3 ( is this OK ) My silverod had a SWR of 1.2. I haven't noticed any obvious inprovements as there are not very many breakers up here and I haven't got a lot of spare time, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed
yes 1.3 is great :D :D not many breakers up my way at moment either it should pick up :P :P :P :P
Post Reply