Sirio ML 145

General Mobile CB antenna advice and troubleshooting
Post Reply
User avatar
boyscout
Official CB Nut
Official CB Nut
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Hi Just got a sirio ML 145, SWR'd it in and was just asking if the readings seem right. Ch 40 1.2 and a nats. ch 20 1.2 and ch1 the needle does not seem to move, maybe a nats millimeter. I know this sounds good but is it to good to be true? when I first put it on the works van the readings were ch 40 1.5 just under ch 20 1.3 ch 1 1.2. I had to take about 20 mill of the top of the antenna.( a bit at a time may I add) thought that was cool. bear in mind that the van has a roof rack and a ladder strapped to the top. Stuck it on the car today and the results were just bang on as I have said before. Just want to know is it possible to get this kind of very low reading? :shock:
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

yes you can get a super reading ocasionaly good things do happen


:D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
andy.73
Good Buddy
Good Buddy
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:33 pm

is this a suitable aerial for a hgv cab roof?

toying with the idea of getting one, but in the pics the mount looks quite small?

any ideas?
User avatar
stampman
- - -> CB God <- - -
- - -> CB God <- - -
Posts: 6090
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:36 pm
Location: lancaster

depends on the hgv best mount is a guttermount stright to cab roof and no rust then a good quality mag mount what kind of hgv is it as if i get a few more details then i could possibly help fit hgv with cb's all week

:D :D :D :D :D :D
if it anit broke dont fix it
User avatar
EarthWormJim
Motor Mouth!
Motor Mouth!
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: Sutton Bridge, Lincolnshire

boyscout wrote:Hi Just got a sirio ML 145, SWR'd it in and was just asking if the readings seem right. Ch 40 1.2 and a nats. ch 20 1.2 and ch1 the needle does not seem to move, maybe a nats millimeter. I know this sounds good but is it to good to be true? when I first put it on the works van the readings were ch 40 1.5 just under ch 20 1.3 ch 1 1.2. I had to take about 20 mill of the top of the antenna.( a bit at a time may I add) thought that was cool. bear in mind that the van has a roof rack and a ladder strapped to the top. Stuck it on the car today and the results were just bang on as I have said before. Just want to know is it possible to get this kind of very low reading? :shock:
Ive got the sirio ML 145 fantastic antenna swr reads 1.2 on my car. Ive got a vauxhall Nova :lol:
Jim,

CB'ers do it till it Hertz...Side Banders do it till it MegaHertz

2H4OW
M3OJP
Post Reply