Through roof mounting has a large rubber washer to cover the drilled hole and then the antenna body and whip simply screw down to this rubber ring to watertight it.
Another great little feature is the supply of a small disc called a rain cap so if you remove the antenna from the mounting, you simply screw in the cap to keep the thread and connection clean and dry.
Rob.
You got Eclipse coming at you!!!!!
I'd rather be mud pluggin, fishin', or shootin! (Or on my CB Radio)!
Run the Wilson 1000 here and also the Little Wil, excellent antenna indeed and both work well. Just have the short silver load here at the moment to have a play with and see how much that makes it work less than the large whip
I use the Little Wil on my car with a Midland 42 handy (plus car kit), works very well for its size. However, today I fitted a small RM40 linear hoping it might help me get out that little bit further and compensate for the relatively short antenna length. I will only be able to use it on the UK40 though as I cant get the SWR low enough on EU bands for use with the amp Will have to wait and see if it does the trick, will let you know...
I must say, I do like what im reading about the Wilson 1000. Considering getting one for those time when I can get away with a big antenna. One question though, assuming I go for the mag mount version how easy is it to remove the whip? (Ie, for putting the car in the garage or multi storey car parks etc).