Search found 14 matches
- Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: transmiting
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1692
Re: transmiting
Have you attached an SWR Meter? It is possible your Coax is broken and all you are effectively radiating from is the Coax rather than your Aerial.
Cobra 75
Further to my other posting regarding 'smallest CB', can anyone tell me why the Cobra 75 was discontinued and where (if anywhere) they are available to buy?
- Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:53 am
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: What is the smallest Transceiver available?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4364
What is the smallest Transceiver available?
I currently use an Hand-held Radio with a 'Car Kit' connected to an external Aerial. The reason for this is I want the Radio hidden away. Can anybody tell me (other than a Hand-held) the smallest CB Transceiver currently on the market?
- Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:20 pm
- Forum: Channel 19
- Topic: USB, SSB & LSB a step into the unknown...
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3433
Re: USB, SSB & LSB a step into the unknown...
SSB is a mode (like AM or FM), so you could be on 27.78125 (UK Channel 19) and on SSB although you wouldn't make many friends.
- Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:41 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Curious noob, with questions about Amateur Radio
- Replies: 11
- Views: 26703
Re: Curious noob, with questions about Amateur Radio
Unfortunately notsteve70 wrote:Does the Foundation licence expire?
- Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:10 pm
- Forum: Amateur Radio
- Topic: Amateur Radio Licence
- Replies: 28
- Views: 41590
Re: Amateur Radio Licence
It's not a Morse test, they call it 'Morse Appreciation', it's not possible to fail. The Instructor gives you a crib sheet and then he sends some code, it is really basic stuffclive wrote:
how do you learn morse code that quickly ?
- Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 pm
- Forum: Technical Help
- Topic: cd radios, no power
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5355
Re: cd radios, no power
Hi, maybe this will help you identify the component/s
This is the link if the image doesn't show... http://www.jonshouse.co.uk/em27pcb.jpg

This is the link if the image doesn't show... http://www.jonshouse.co.uk/em27pcb.jpg

- Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:39 pm
- Forum: 4x4 Owners
- Topic: How many 4x4 breakers do we have!
- Replies: 105
- Views: 164553
Re: How many 4x4 breakers do we have!
I have a Ford Ranger
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5482150637_ea8e6bacf7.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5098/5482173997_fb2c4632df.jpg
As well as Amateur gear I have a little Handheld tucked out of the way which has a Car kit and so is connected to external power and an external ...
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5180/5482150637_ea8e6bacf7.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5098/5482173997_fb2c4632df.jpg
As well as Amateur gear I have a little Handheld tucked out of the way which has a Car kit and so is connected to external power and an external ...
- Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:05 pm
- Forum: Introduce Yourself
- Topic: West Wales
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2297
West Wales
Hello all,
I am located in West Wales. I have been playing Radio for years but haven't used the CB frequencies since the late seventies, early eighties :shock: As soon as the early eighties brought legalisation and all that came with that :( I ran for the hills.
I only got another taste of CB ...
I am located in West Wales. I have been playing Radio for years but haven't used the CB frequencies since the late seventies, early eighties :shock: As soon as the early eighties brought legalisation and all that came with that :( I ran for the hills.
I only got another taste of CB ...
- Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Legal Radio with variable output power?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4335
Re: Legal Radio with variable output power?
If its been tweeked for more power, chances are it can be de-tweeked back to the standard 4w
I didn't really want to get involved in playing with pots :(
Well it just goes to show I shouldn't be so lazy, a quick search on Google brought this up
http://www.jonshouse.co.uk/em27pcbs.jpg
Sure ...
I didn't really want to get involved in playing with pots :(
Well it just goes to show I shouldn't be so lazy, a quick search on Google brought this up
http://www.jonshouse.co.uk/em27pcbs.jpg
Sure ...
- Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:15 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Legal Radio with variable output power?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4335
Re: Legal Radio with variable output power?
I didn't really want to get involved in playing with potsEviltwin wrote:If its been tweeked for more power, chances are it can be de-tweeked back to the standard 4w
- Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:13 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Legal Radio with variable output power?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4335
Re: Legal Radio with variable output power?
It's a Maycom EM-27 (I have two of them)Dragonfly wrote:What radio is it .
- Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:04 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Legal Radio with variable output power?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4335
Re: Legal Radio with variable output power?
I want to run an Amplifier and my current Radio appears to peak at 8W
and this will do the Amp no favours. I was trying to avoid having to buy an Attenuator 
- Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:52 pm
- Forum: CB Radios
- Topic: Legal Radio with variable output power?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 4335
Legal Radio with variable output power?
Does such a beast exist?
